Each summer, there are an incredible amount of things to do in Marbella. And with the holiday season coming up, the town is bursting into life. With the famous Ocean Club opening on May 2nd and Nikki Beach Marbella following suit in a few weeks time, all the party clubs in the area are lifting off. But even with so much going on, some people are still wondering what to do in Marbella. That’s why we’ve put together a handy list with all the Marbella events you should definitely attend. You’ll never be bored!
1. Málaga’s Food & Wine Festival. May 23 – June 1. This festival is not only set in Marbella but also in the surrounding cities and towns of Antequera, Nerja and Ronda. It is a province-wide festival that aims to show off the richness of the Andalusian kitchen and will treat its visitors to a wealth of traditional dishes. Young and old can sample food, enjoy live entertainment and visit workshops by master chefs. Whether you’re a culinary expert or not, this is a delicious festival not to be missed!
2. Marbella Luxury Weekend. June 5 – 8. This festival is an initiative by the Town Council of Marbella and is indeed about everything luxurious. There is a particular focus on fashion this year as major international designers present their collections on a catwalk floating in the Mediterranean Sea. If you like immersing yourself in fine cars, cuisine and jewellery and you’re looking for things to do in Marbella, this is you. Live it up!
3. Starlite Festival. July 23 – August 23. If you’re wondering what to do in Marbella in August, try this. Starlite is a huge month-long festival that draws some of the biggest names to Marbella. Artists such as David Guetta, Julio Iglesias, Tom Jones and Kool & The Gang are playing at this festival which features music, fashion, art, film and gastronomy. The largest charity event of Spain, the Starlite Gala, is also held during this festival and is presented by Antonio Banderas. Tickets go fast, so make sure you get yours soon!
4. San Bernabé Fiesta. June 9 – 14. This festival and summer fair is dedicated to the towns patron Saint, St. Barnabas. A tradition held high by the locals, this is a chance to experience the authentic Marbella culture as locals join in to make music, dance, eat and participate in religious procession from noon to dawn. There is an abundance of activities during this week, including the feria queen election, flamenco shows, fireworks and modern dance. Experience the hospitality of Marbella like never before!
5. Ocean Club Champagne Parties. May 25, June 1 & 29, July 27, August 24. One of the most famous Marbella events, the champagne parties held at the Ocean Club are an extravaganza of luxuries. Boasting one of the largest swimming pools in Spain and hosting the best DJ’s, drinks and food, these lush parties are only accessible to those who can afford a luxurious lifestyle. Experience partying at its finest.
These are our five suggestions of things to do in Marbella. These events will leave you in awe and longing for more! If you want more info about what to do in Marbella, try browsing the web for calendars or like our Facebook page for updates about this blog. We regularly post about lifestyle & real estate in Marbella.
Images via malagafoodwine.com & starlitefestival.com